Thursday, December 16, 2010

Update


Oh what a terrible couple of days it has been for Jackson. Yesterday he had a eye appointment at The Childrens Hospital and that came with some bad news. The pressure was coming down but the cells were back in the left eye! So I guess coming off the pred forte and going onto FMX was not a good choice. However Dr. Bothun did not want to go back on pred forte because he thinks that is what was making the pressure go up in his eyes. He really believes Lotamax is the med he needs but our insurance will not pay for it. The pharmacy had previously called and they weren't willing to budge so now Dr. Bothun is writing them a letter. We are scheduled for a iv infusion next Wednesday, however Jackson has had a cough and runny nose for 3 weeks now so I don't know if he will be able to get the iv infusion next week or not.
To make my day worse yesterday when we got home my Grandma and I found a hernia in Jackson's groin area. He has been quite uncomfortable the last few days. Not sure if its due to cold, JRA, or the hernia I don't know. He also hadn't pooped in 2 days which is not normal for him. So I got him into a ped right away this morning. And to confirm my fear they said he is going to need surgery! I am so upset, how much can one little boy have to endure! It just doesn't seem fair especially at 3 years old! It just breaks my heart. So we meet with the surgeon next Thursday and will schedule the surgery shortly after that.
Thanks for checking in!
Sara

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry, Sara. What a bummer, to say the least. Stay strong, you'll all get over this next hurdle, even though it may feel like a mountain. Let me know if there is anything I can do, anything at all, even if it's just a trip to the mall to get your mind off things. Hugs to you & your fam.

    ReplyDelete