Friday, August 20, 2010

Appt. with Dr. Bothun

Jackson had a appointment with Dr. Bothun on Wednesday. It didn't go well at all, there is no change in the cells in his eye. Its been 6 weeks since we increased the pred forte eye drops and there is still the same amount of cells. I was very discouraged but Dr. Bothun told me not be so let down that we will keep fighting and we will get the cells out. He did increase the amount of methotreaxte injection and said if there are still cells in 4 weeks we will be adding another med. I hope we can avoid that since Jackson is currently on pred forte 4x a day, naproxen 2x a day, folic acid 1x day, and methotreaxte (chemotherapy) injections 1x a week!
His other knee (the newest infected joint) seems to be getting a little bigger! I am holding off on calling Dr Vehe because we did just increase the methotreaxte so I want to see what that does first. Jackson took a digger yesterday and scraped both knees, no big deal except he was very whiney about it and not wanting to walk. I thought he might be being over dramatic but then today they bruised up really bad. The knees seem to bruise really easily now.
The next few weeks are going to be very busy, we have a appt. coming up with Jackson's Ped here in Eau Claire and then orientation for preschool and speech. I am excited for Jackson to start these things since he has never been in daycare so it will be great socialzation for him and he loves to be with other kids! He will have group speech at the monestery charter school on Mondays and Wednesdays and Preschool at our church on Tuesdays and Thursdays. In two and half weeks Mike and I leave for Pittsburgh for 4 days. We are going because Mike is in a wedding. I am excited but nervous at the same time. We have never left Jackson for more than 1 night and with his disease being so aggressive right now I am a little worried. However he will be in good hands, my Grandma is coming from Chetek to stay at our house. And I took 12 days off total from work so when we get back I will still have 8 days left of my vacation to make up time with Jackson!
Thanks for checking in!
Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment